VW Karmann Ghia Convertible Door Rubber Kit 1957-1959
The Wrong Way.
DO NOT WORK YOUR WAY AROUND THE DOOR.
Starting at one end and working your way around the door stretches the seal as you go. You will end up with a bulge that will not fit in door channel. More importantly, this is not the way they were designed to install.
TEST FIT BEFORE GLUING.
1) Make sure you have a clean surface to work with. Remove any old cracked or rotted seal remnants from door channel if necessary.
2) Start by inserting door seals at all 4 corners. Glue in corners with weatherstrip adhesive.
3) Work remainder loose seal in between corners. Glue in place as seal is tucked / fitted inside channel.
4) Follow your weather strip adhesive dry-time guidelines. Cure times will vary by manufacturer.
5) If installing German Seals: German seals create an air tight seal when closing doors. This can make closing the doors difficult. Experience has taught us opening your windows a little to let air escape helps while breaking in new door seals.
German Vs. Brazilian Door Seals
Both German-Made & Brazilian-Made door seals will fit your VW Beetle. While they may look similar, you can feel the difference in quality. German door seals feel thick & have a semi-solid rubber texture. Brazilian seals feel light, with a 'squishy' foam texture. German seals compromise nothing and are backed by our lifetime warranty. Brazilian seals will do the job adequately, but offer no warranty. We recommend Brazilian Door Seals if your looking for a budget friendly quick-fix, and German Door Seals for a full-restoration job.
Our VW Door Rubber Kits bundle together all of the rubber seals needed for your VW Door Rubber Restoration, save you money, and include our Exterior Restoration video to help you install your door rubber like the professionals.
As low as $13.39 a month*
* This example payment based on the listed product price of $290.13 assuming a 24 month term loan and a 9.99% APR. Your terms may vary and are subject to credit approval. Rates range from 0% to 29.99% APR. Bread® loans are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey Chartered Bank, Member FDIC.
Copyright © JBugs.
All rights reserved. All images protected by US and International copyright laws. No part of this website may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means. All Prices subject to change without notice or obligation. Not responsible for typographical or photo errors. "Volkswagen", "VW","Beetle", "Super Beetle", "Bus", "Ghia", "Type 2", "Type 3", "Thing", "Rabbit", "Cabriolet", "Jetta", and "Golf" are trademarked by Volkswagen of America and are used for descriptive purposes only.