1954-1967 VW Beetle Decklid Rack - Chrome - Ebony/Black Oak Slots
**Contiguous U.S. only.
- Shipping & Returns
Tips to Prolong the Life of Your Decklid Rack:
- Garage your car whenever possible
- Keep rack away from moisture; hand dry if rack gets wet
- Use furniture polish to help maintain the wood slats
- For more durable protection of the wood, we recommend Varathane (high gloss, clear, offers UV protection and is waterproof), or Marine clear varnish
- For powder coated racks, use car wax to prolong the life and shine
- For chrome racks, use a chrome wax polisher for protection
- For best results, maintenance should be done every 3 to 6 months, depending on your environment
- For stainless steel locks, keep rubber cap on at all times to prevent water or dirt damage
Please Note: Decklid Racks are designed for 1967 or earlier Beetles. Decklid Racks will not fit 1968-on Beetles without customization.
Additional images show chrome decklid rack with blonde slats installed.
Chrome Finish Disclaimer:We put this notice on all chrome products, regardless of manufacturer, or origin.
The saying, "They don't make 'em like they used to" falls true for many things today and chrome plated products are no exception.
Chrome products made today don't go through the same preparation and plating procedures they did 50 years ago. Many of the good, budget-friendly metal prep chemical contained cyanide and mercury. As such, they have been banned for environmental and safety reasons.
This causes the chrome finish to pit or rust quicker if it is not maintained properly. We recommend the following maintenance below to protect your chrome products:
- Hubcaps - Spray paint the inside with paint or rust inhibitor, wax chrome finish regularly
- Bumpers - Spray paint the inside with paint or rust inhibitor, wax chrome finish regularly
- Exterior Mirrors - Lightly wax chrome finish regularly
- Exterior Chrome Trim - Lightly wax chrome finish regularly