We also include a huge selection of individual door seals that are made to fit the specific year of your classic VW. We offer the highest quality rubber seals that are available and bundle the parts together in a kit to save you money.
In addition to offering the largest selection of high quality parts at a great value, we also carry our 75 minute VW Exterior Restoration Video which will help you install your new VW Rubber like a professional.
Click Here for VW Door Rubber Installation Instructions
The Wrong Way.
DO NOT WORK YOUR WAY AROUND THE DOOR.
Starting at one end and working your way around the door stretches the seal as you go. You will end up with a bulge that will not fit in door channel. More importantly, this is not the way they were designed to install.
TEST FIT BEFORE GLUING.
1) Make sure you have a clean surface to work with. Remove any old cracked or rotted seal remnants from door channel if necessary.
2) Start by inserting door seals at all 4 corners. Glue in corners with weatherstrip adhesive.
3) Work remainder loose seal in between corners. Glue in place as seal is tucked / fitted inside channel.
4) Follow your weather strip adhesive dry-time guidelines. Cure times will vary by manufacturer.
5) If installing German Seals: German seals create an air tight seal when closing doors. This can make closing the doors difficult. Experience has taught us opening your windows a little to let air escape helps while breaking in new door seals.