Summer is upon us and as temperatures rise your VW will need seasonal care to keep it running smoothly. All car owners, whether they are classic or not, have the looming uncertainty that their cars will overheat at one point or another. Whether they are on a road trip or just stuck in rush hour traffic, cars can overheat if they are not properly maintained. JBugs would like to help you prepare your car for the summer months.
- Check oil level
- Check coolant level and unclog coolant passages (if water-cooled)
- Check charging system
- Make sure engine tin is in place
- Double check timing settings
- Adjust the carb if necessary
- Adjust valves if needed
- Bleed the brake lines if needed
- Correct tire pressure to adjust for warmer temperatures
- Make sure window seals and door seals fit just in case of rain
- Check the radio so you can cruise in style!
We do not recommend making any changes to your vehicle without checking your user manual or warranty. There are a lot of upgrades that can negate the warranty and for classic cars especially, coolants that can destroy mechanical parts. For help with upgrades or installation, visit our YouTube channel or give us a call and our knowledgeable customer service representatives will gladly helpEditor's Note: Originally published 6/6/2017 by Sarah Dixon. Updated for accuracy 5/28/2021.