- 300 Watts Peak, 2-Ohm stable
- 7 LCD Color Choices with Dimmer Control - (White/Red/Blue/Cyan/Green/Yellow/Pink)
- Microphone with 3' cable for Bluetooth
- 3.5mm Auxiliary Input on Front Display
- 2 Channel RCA Input at Rear for Satellite Radio
- Bass / Mid / Treble Tone Control
- Digital Sound Processing Equalizer
- Front to Rear Fader & Left to Right Balance Control
- 5 (2 Front, 2 Rear & Subwoofer) RCA Pre-outs
- Level Cross Over Adjustments for Sub Line Out
The Custom Autosound USA740-68-85 radio is a top of the line, vintage style radio for 1968 through 1977 VW Standard Beetles, 1968 through 1970 Beetle Convertibles, 1971 through 1972 Super Beetles, 1971 through 1972 Super Beetle Convertibles, 1956 through 1974 Karmann Ghias* and 1968 through 1979 Type 2 Bus models . The AM/FM radio features a digital tuner, built in Bluetooth, a rear USB port, a 3.5mm auxiliary input on the front display (lower right), rear 2 Channel RCA auxiliary input, rear 5 Channel RCA pre-outs and the ability to add a remote CD player. This radio allows you to listen to the radio, stream music from your phone and talk hands free and installs without having to cut the dash of your 1968-77 VW Standard Beetle, 68-70 Beetle Convertible, 71-72 Super Beetle, 71-72 Super Beetle Convertible, 56-74 Karmann Ghia and 68-79 Type 2 Bus model. A multi-color LCD display allows you to choose from 7 different colors to coordinate with the color of your VW, interior, or other gauge and instrument lights. The Custom Autosound Radio is a 12 volt unit.
- AM/FM RDS Tuner with 25 pre-sets (15 FM/10 AM)/
- RDS Tuner Displays Station / Song / Artist on LCD Display
- Switchable Digital Clock or Function Display Priority
- USB Port at Rear for Cell Phone charging or Flash Drive (MP3/WMA/FLAC/WAV Playback with Alpha Numeric Display)
- Direct CD-1 CD Player Control
- Electronic Tuning & Volume Control
- Loudness Compensation for Low Volume Listening
- Auto Store Preset Capable (stores strongest radio stations)
- USA/EUR/JAP/RUS Tuner Capability (USA set as default)
*The USA740-68-85 fits 1967 and earlier Karmann Ghias but does not have the original Ghia dash trim plate so it will not look factory correct.
Our Expert's Take:
The Custom Autosound USA-740 Radio has modern technology and vintage looks. There is no need to cut the dash on your Vintage Volkswagen, the Custom Autosound radios are made to fit the stock VW dash opening. To retain the vintage look of the stereo the inputs (with the exception of an inconspicuous 1/8" stereo jack input at the lower front right of the display) are on the back of the radio. They can be easily routed to the glovebox so they can be accessed inside the car but still remain out of sight.
Sam Mebane joined the Jbugs team way back in the mid 90's. A Class 11 racing enthusiast, Sam has amassed in-depth knowledge on VW electrical systems and Beetle suspension. He has restored a plethora of VW's including a VW Thing, Squareback, several Beetles, and (currently) a Super Beetle. Customer service, tech support, product testing & development, and youtube spokesperson, Sam has done it all here at JBugs.
California Prop 65 Warning:
Please Note:The information listed below is for stock, unmodified VW's manufactured for sale in the US. VW's are commonly modified and very often parts from another year VW may have been installed on your car. California Pacific JBugs is not responsible for any errors if your car has been modified in any way.